(a) “Common area” means the entire common interest development except the separate interests therein. The estate in the common area may be a fee, a life estate, an estate for years, or any combination of the foregoing.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), in a planned development described in subdivision (b) of Section 4175, the common area may consist of mutual or reciprocal easement rights appurtenant to the separate interests.
- Civil Code Section 4775. Association and Owner Maintenance Responsibilities.
- Civil Code Section 4645. Transfer of Exclusive Use Common Area.
- Civil Code Section 4600. Grant of Exclusive Use of Common Area.
- Civil Code Section 4500. Ownership of Common Area.
- Civil Code Section 4201. Not Applicable to Development without Common Area.
- Civil Code Section 4145. “Exclusive Use Common Area” Defined.