A member of the association may opt out of the sharing of that member’s name, property address, and mailing address by notifying the association in writing that the member prefers to be contacted via the alternative process described in subdivision (c) of Section 8330 of the Corporations Code. This opt out shall remain in effect until changed by the member.
- Corporations Code Section 8338. Misuse of Membership List; Liability.
- Corporations Code Section 8335. Delay in Providing Membership List.
- Corporations Code Section 8330. Inspection of Membership List.
- Civil Code Section 5225. Request for Membership List; Requirements.
- Civil Code Section 5210. Time Periods for Production of Association Records.
Related Case Law
- Worldmark v. Wyndham Resort Dev. Corp.
(2010) 187 Cal.App.4th 1017
[Membership List; Email Addresses] The “addresses” of members which must be disclosed with a member’s request to inspect the membership list pursuant to Corp. Code § 8330(a) includes the members’ email addresses.