An association that fails to comply with the procedures set forth in this article shall, prior to recording a lien, recommence the required notice process. Any costs associated with recommencing the notice process shall be borne by the association and not by the owner of a separate interest.
- Civil Code Section 5675. Notice of Delinquent Assessment (Assessment Lien).
- Civil Code Section 5673. Decision to Lien for Delinquent Assessments.
- Civil Code Section 5670. Pre-Lien Dispute Resolution.
- Civil Code Section 5660. Pre-Lien Notice; Requirements.
- Civil Code Section 5650. Debt of Owner; Assessments, Late Charges, Collection Costs, Interest.
Related Case Law
- Diamond v. Superior Court
(2013) 217 Cal.App.4th 1172
[Assessment Collection; Notice Requirements] A HOA must strictly adhere to the statutory lien and foreclosure notice requirements in order to perfect an assessment lien and foreclose on a homeowner’s property.