(a) If the party on whom a Request for Resolution is served accepts the request, the parties shall complete the alternative dispute resolution within 90 days after the party initiating the request receives the acceptance, unless this period is extended by written stipulation signed by both parties.
(b) Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 1115) of Division 9 of the Evidence Code applies to any form of alternative dispute resolution initiated by a Request for Resolution under this article, other than arbitration.
(c) The costs of the alternative dispute resolution shall be borne by the parties.
- Civil Code Section 5955. Stay of Enforcement Action for ADR.
- Civil Code Section 5950. Certification of ADR Efforts.
- Civil Code Section 5945. ADR Effect on Statute of Limitations.
- Civil Code Section 5935. Request for Resolution to Initiate ADR Process.
- Civil Code Section 5930. ADR Prerequisite to Enforcement Action
- Civil Code Section 5925. “Alternative Dispute Resolution” (ADR) and “Enforcement Action” Defined.