(a) Restrict the installation of solar energy systems installed in common areas, as defined in Section 4095 or 6532, to those systems approved by the association.
(b) Require the owner of a separate interest, as defined in Section 4185 or 6564, to obtain the approval of the association for the installation of a solar energy system in a separate interest owned by another.
(c) Provide for the maintenance, repair, or replacement of roofs or other building components.
(d) Require installers of solar energy systems to indemnify or reimburse the association or its members for loss or damage caused by the installation, maintenance, or use of the solar energy system.
- AB 634 (Eggman). Real property: solar energy systems.
- SB 522 (Glazer). Common interest developments: solar energy.
- Civil Code Section 714. Restrictions on Solar Energy Systems.
- Civil Code Section 801.5. Solar Energy Systems; Easement Rights.
- Civil Code Section 4095. “Common Area” Defined.
- Civil Code Section 4080. “Association” Defined.
Related Case Law
- Tesoro del Valle Master Homeowners Assn. v. Griffin
(2011) 200 Cal.App.4th 619
[Architectural Control; Solar Energy] An association may consider aesthetic impacts in connection with reviewing and approving an owner’s application for a proposed solar energy system.